Thursday, May 10, 2007

Yes, I Will Sell My Soul For a Freebee


In an interesting development in Japan (where they have all the cool stuff), vending machines will start to give out drinks for free(as in beer), but not as in free beer. If you get my drift. Watch the 30 second adverstiment, get a free drink. Watch the 30 second advertisment, get a free drink. Rinse. Repeat.


Thirsty Japanese will soon be able to drink coffee or other non-alcoholic beverages at a low price or even for free -- as long as they watch a 30-second advertisement on the vending machines.

Vending machine operator Apex Corp. will start a service next month to turn its machines into a new medium for advertisers, who will pick up the partial or full cost of drinks.

If only this worked on my TV at home. I watch a lot of commericals and I'm always thirsty. Genius!
(via the Khaleej Times)Watch ads and drink for free in Japan
(found on Engadget)

2 comments:

Alex said...

As much as I hate advertisements, I think I can put up with them for some free beer. Hell, you can ignore the ad for 30 seconds. Right? I mean, it's not like they're implanting the ads in your brain. 'Cos that would be wrong...right, guys? Guys?

J said...

And the more beers you have, the easier it is to ignore the advertisement.

Brain ads = wrong.